Volunteer Coordinator –
Joylyn Philip 718-270-4893 / email: email@example.com
Conference Logistics Coordinator –
Maēshay k. Lewis, Center for Black Literature- 718-804-8882/ e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Center for Black Literature invites volunteers to assist the NBWC at the Medgar Evers College Campus on the following dates:
Day 1- Thursday, March 31 from 10:00 am – 9:00 pm (day times are tentative);
Day 2- Friday, April 1, from 8:00 am to 10:30 pm; on
Day 3- Saturday, April 2, from 9:00 am to 10:30 pm, and
Day 4- Sunday, April 3, 2016 from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided by NBWC.
- Volunteers are asked to commit a minimum of 8 hours over the 4 day conference in addition to orientation. (Most volunteer hours are scheduled in 4 hour blocks unless otherwise indicated.)
- Attire: Black and White – business or business casual acceptable. No denim or mini –skirts. Please wear comfortable footwear.
- You must attend at least one of the scheduled orientations before the conference and provide contact information for both day and evening hours. Dates are forthcoming and will announced no later than January 2016.
- Volunteers will begin setting up between 8:00 am – 9:00 am in order to be ready by 10:00 am for the National Black Writers Conference. Morning Registration Team and Facilitators are required to be on-site one hour before scheduled events.
- Volunteers must break down their table space (where assigned) and clear their area thirty minutes after closing on Thursday and Friday at 10:00 pm; Saturday, 9:00 pm and Sunday at 6:30 pm. Please begin dismantling and cleaning your area in time to comply with this directive. [Times are subject to adjustment.]
Email this form Volunteer sign-up form_NBWC 2016 to the Volunteer Coordinator or complete electronically below: