14th NATIONAL BLACK WRITERS CONFERENCE
“Gathering at the Waters: Healing, Legacy, and Activism in Black Literature”
2018 NBWC Honorary Co-Chair Dr. Myrlie Evers-Williams
Honorees: Steven Barnes, Kwame Dawes, Tananarive Due, David Levering Lewis, Eugene B. Redmond, Susan L. Taylor, and Colson Whitehead
Thursday, March 22 – Sunday, March 25, 2018; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Medgar Evers College, CUNY
1650 Bedford Avenue
B.rooklyn, NY 11225
View program now.
Program is subject to change.
Pre-registration by mail must be postmarked by Friday, March 9, 2018.
Pre-registration is 50% refundable by Friday, March 16, 2018.
Online Registration ends Friday, March 16, 2018.
FEES GO UP ONSITE (see chart below).
Onsite Registration takes place DAYS OF EVENT ONLY. No advanced on-site registration.
Onsite Fees/Donation go up from pre-registration and are as the follows:
|ONSITE REGISTRATION FEES/ DONATION||Pre-registration|
|4 days – General||$80||$65|
|4 day – Student (all)/ Senior/ Faculty||$45||$30|
|1 day – General||$35||$25|
|1 day – Student (all)/ Senior/ Faculty||$25||$15|
Medgar Evers College Students attend for FREE!
Registration and Valid ID Required. (See below for details.)
Registration begins Monday, Oct. 9, 2017.
Registration for MEC Students& Faculty:
- All MEC Students (Matriculated & Non- Matriculated) – No Cost (FREE). Please complete registration online. [This does not include ticketed events such as any related concerts, receptions, talkshops, or the like.] Please be prepared to show proof on-site (program or ID).
Classes– For class preregistration:
- Professors must submit a class roster in advance to the Registration Coordinator.
These students may be required to complete a registration form on–site to capture their information and asked to complete a survey/ evaluation.
These students should bring valid MEC identification.
Registration for MEC Faculty and Staff:
- MEC Faculty who require their students to attend any portion of the Conference are offered “gratis entry”. Please complete a Registration Form and indicate “gratis” in the Student/Faculty/Senior box.
- All other MEC Faculty and Staff are asked to pay the donation as indicated on the registration form.
- ID required for Student/ Faculty/ Senior Admission rates. Please present at time of entry. Discount entry is non-transferable.
Volunteer information coming soon.