13th NATIONAL BLACK WRITERS CONFERENCE
WRITING RACE, EMBRACING DIFFERENCE
Thursday, March 31 – Sunday, April 3, 2016
Rita Dove, Former Poet Laureate of The U.S.
2016 NBWC HONOREES
Edwidge Danticat, Woodie King Jr., Michael Eric Dyson & Charles Johnson
Medgar Evers College, CUNY
1650 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11225
Pre-registration by mail must be postmarked by Friday, March 14, 2016.
Pre-registration is 50% refundable by Friday, March 25, 2016.
Online Registration ends Friday, March 25, 2016.
FEES GO UP ONSITE.
SPECIAL! Register for two (2) Talkshops and receive %15 off ticketed price!
Enter Promo Code: like2talkshop
Onsite Registration takes place DAYS OF EVENT ONLY. No advanced on-site registration.
Onsite Fees/Donation go up from pre-registration and are as the follows:
|ONSITE REGISTRATION FEES/ DONATION||Pre-registration|
|4 days – General||$80||$65|
|4 day – Student/ Senior/ Faculty||$45||$30|
|1 day – General||$35||$25|
|1 day – Student/ Senior/ Faculty||$25||$15|
- General admission/ donation for churches and other community-based organizations (CBYOs) is $50 per person unless otherwise negotiated.
- Is FREE for K- 12 grade inclusive of chaperones as expressed on the Group Registration Form. Youth programming is scheduled on Thursday, March 31, 2016. See our program page for details.
Medgar Evers College Students attend for FREE! Registration and Valid ID Required. (See below for details.) Registration for MEC Students:
- All MEC Students (Matriculated & Non- Matriculated) – No Cost (FREE). Please complete registration online. [This does not include ticketed events such as any related concerts, receptions, talkshops, or the like.] Please be prepared to show proof on-site (program or ID).
- Classes– For class preregistration:
- Professors must submit a class roster in advance to the Registration Coordinator.
- These students may be required to complete a registration form on–site to capture their information and asked to complete a survey/ evaluation.
- These students should bring valid MEC identification.
Registration for MEC Faculty and Staff:
- MEC Faculty, who require their students to attend any portion of the Conference, are offered “gratis entry”. Please complete a Registration Form and indicate “gratis” in the Student/Faculty/Senior box.
- All other MEC Faculty and Staff are asked to pay the donation as indicated on the registration form.
ID required for Student/ Faculty/ Senior Admission rates, please present at time of entry. Discount entry is non-transferable.Click if you would like to Volunteer. If you have additional questions, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) page.